Being one of the biggest social networking sites that let you stay connected with the world, many organizations, such as schools and workplaces, often block its access from the core.
We’ll help you get around the block and share some tips on how to stay safe online while browsing Facebook.
How To Unblock Facebook at School and Work
The following tips and tricks will help you gain Facebook access in offices and schools.
Access Facebook by Connecting to a Mobile Hotspot
If you cannot access Facebook in your school or office premises, you can better switch to your mobile hotspot.
Do it by turning off the Wi-Fi on your phone and turning on mobile data. If you have a laptop, then turn on the mobile hotspot in your phone, then find your mobile’s hotspot by scanning nearby Wi-Fi access points on your laptop.
Connect to OysterVPN
VPN or Virtual Private Network is used as a security tool to unblock geo-restricted websites. Many people use it to access Facebook at work or school. That’s because a VPN encrypts your internet traffic and DNS queries, allowing you to bypass firewalls.
OysterVPN has global VPN servers. Here’s how much easily you can unblock Facebook:
- Subscribe to OysterVPN.
- Download OysterVPN and install it on your device.
- Connect to any VPN server to unblock Facebook.
Use the Tor Browser
Tor browser is a special browser used to connect to the Tor network. It works just like a regular browser but allows you to hide your IP address online. It connects you through multiple nodes in the network before reaching the destination. And thanks to encryption, the Tor browser keeps your data from the nodes.
Use a Different DNS Server
DNS servers are address books of the internet. They translate human-readable website names into IP addresses. Changing your DNS server might allow you to bypass the block.
How to Change DNS in Windows
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
- Now, pick your internet connection. Right-click on the connection and select Properties.
- Under the Networking tab, double-click on IPv4, then enter the following DNS addresses as Primary and Secondary DNS:
- Click Ok.
How to Change DNS in macOS
- Click on the Apple menu.
- Go to System Settings > Network. Then select your internet connection.
- Click on Details then DNS.
- Click on the “+” icon to add a DNS server. Use the following DNS servers:
- Click Ok.
Use Facebook’s IP Address
Your network administrator may be blocking Facebook by filtering the name and not its IP address. You can bypass the filter by opening Facebook through its IP address instead.
Every website on the internet has an IP address, including Facebook. You can find out Facebook’s IP address, here’s how:
- Press the Windows key + R.
- Type cmd and run it.
- Type ping facebook.com. And note down the IP address of Facebook.
- Open a web browser, type the IP address, and hit go.
The most effective way to unblock Facebook is by using a VPN. OysterVPN not only hides your DNS requests to bypass the network firewall but also keeps your IP address hidden on the internet.
OysterVPN works on all devices, making it much easier to simply connect to a VPN server and browse the web with complete freedom.